RAREMETAL DOWNLOAD & BUILD
Useful Wiki Pages
There are several pages in this Wiki that may be useful to RAREMETALWORKER users. Here are links to key pages:
Where to Download
We have tested our source code package on several platforms, including Linux/Ubuntu, Linux/Debian, Linux/RedHat, Linux/CentOS, Mac OS X 10.8, CygWIN64 and MinGW for Windows.
From version 4.9, RAREMETALWORKER and RAREMETAL source code are distributed within the same package, which can be downloaded in the following:
- The source package for Linux can be downloaded here: for Linux
- The source package for Linux can be downloaded here: for MAC OS X
- The source package for Linux can be downloaded here: for Cygwin64 in Windows
- The source package for Linux can be downloaded here: for MinGW in Windows
For binary executables, we only distribute the one for Linux. For the other platforms, we recommend you build from source code that can be downloaded from above.
- The binary of RAREMETALWORKER to run on Linux can also be downloaded here: RAREMETALWORKER BINARY for Linux
- If you prefer to start from the source files, you can start from decompress the package using the following command:
tar xvf Raremetalworker.0.4.9.tgz
- For UM CSG cluster users, no installation is needed. It is available at /net/fantasia/home/sfengsph/code/Rare-Metal/RareMetalWorker/bin/raremetalworker
How to Compile
- Go to /RareMetalWorker_0.4.9/RareMetalWorker/src and use the following command:
- If you prefer to use the binary file downloaded above, then no compiling is needed, but it is not guaranteed to work due to system and library requirements.
For compiling questions, please go to FAQ for more information.