RAREMETAL DOWNLOAD & BUILD
Useful Wiki Pages
There are several pages in this Wiki that may be useful to RAREMETALWORKER users. Here are links to key pages:
Where to Download
We have tested our source code package on several platforms, including Linux/Ubuntu, Linux/Debian, Linux/RHEL, Linux/CentOS, Mac OS X 10.8, CygWin64 and MinGW for Windows. From version 4.11, RAREMETALWORKER and RAREMETAL source code are distributed within the same package. To download source code for each platform, please go to the following:
Executables for RAREMETAL and RAREMETALWORKER can be downloaded in the following. If these don't work on your platform, you might have to build from source code which can be downloaded above.
How to Compile
- gfortran is necessary to build RAREMETAL. If your system does not have it yet, please go to GNU gfortran for download.
- If you choose to build from the source files, you could start from decompress the package using the following command:
prompt> tar xvf LINUX_raremetal.0.4.10.tgz prompt> cd raremetal_0.4.10
- If you prefer to build two tools all at once, then do the following:
prompt> cd raremetal prompt> make #This builds RAREMETAL and RAREMETALWORKER under bin/ directory.
- If you prefer to build individual tool:
prompt> cd raremetal/raremetalworker/src prompt> make #This will build RAREMETALWORKER under raremetal/bin/ directory.
prompt> cd raremetal/raremetal/src prompt> make #This will build RAREMETAL under raremetal/bin/ directory.
- If your compiler is adaptable to openmp (parallel computing), then use the following to build RAREMETALWORKER that allows parallel computing. For more about openmp, please refer to openMP.
prompt> cd raremetal/raremetalworker/src prompt> make openmp #This will build RAREMETALWORKER under raremetal/bin/ directory.
- If you prefer to use the binary file downloaded above, then no compiling is needed, but it is not guaranteed to work due to system and library requirements.
For compiling questions, please go to FAQ for more information.