RAREMETAL DOWNLOAD & BUILD
Useful Wiki Pages
Where to Download
From version 4.13.6, RAREMETALWORKER and RAREMETAL are distributed within the same package.
- University of Michigan CSG users can go to the following:
Please clone or download from Raremetal git hub page:
Since v4.13.6, MAC and WINDOWS version are no longer updated. Please download old versions from here:
Calculating Odds Ratio from RAREMETALWORKER output
- If you want to estimate Odds Ratios of variants analyzed by RAREMETALWORKER, the script calculateOddsRatio.pl can help you augment RAREMETALWORKER output with estimated odds ratio to the last column.
- The script can also be found in the RAREMETAL package 4.13.6 and later, under directory raremetal/script/calculateOddsRatio.pl.
How to Compile
- gfortran is necessary to build RAREMETAL. If your system does not have it yet, please go to GNU gfortran for download.
- If you choose to build from the source files, you could start from decompress the package using the following command:
prompt> tar xvf Raremetal_linux.tgz prompt> cd Raremetal
- If you prefer to build from scratch, then do the following:
prompt> make clean prompt> make #This builds RAREMETAL and RAREMETALWORKER under bin/ directory.
- If you prefer to build individual tool:
prompt> cd Raremetal/raremetalworker/ prompt> make #This will build RAREMETALWORKER under raremetal/bin/ directory.
prompt> cd Raremetal/raremetal/ prompt> make #This will build RAREMETAL under raremetal/bin/ directory.
- If your compiler is adaptable to openmp (parallel computing), then use the following to build RAREMETALWORKER that allows parallel computing. For more about openmp, please refer to openMP.
prompt> cd raremetalworker/src prompt> make openmp #This will build RAREMETALWORKER under raremetal/bin/ directory.
- If you prefer to use the binary file downloaded above, then no compiling is needed, but it is not guaranteed to work due to system and library requirements.
For compiling questions, please go to FAQ for more information.