Login to the seqshop-server Linux Machine
This section will appear redundantly in each session. If you are already logged in or know how to log in to the server, please skip this section
- Login to the windows machine
- The username/password for the Windows machine should be written on the right-hand monitor
- Start->Enter "Xming" in the search and select "Xming" from the program list
- Nothing will happen, but Xming was started.
- Start->Enter "putty" in the search and select "PuTTY" from the program list
- Host Name:
- Setup to allow you to open external windows:
- In the left pannel: Connection->SSH->X11
- Add a check mark in the box next to
Enable X11 forwarding
- If it prompts about a key, click
You should now be logged into a terminal on the seqshop-server and be able to access the test files.
- If you need another terminal, repeat from step 3.