== Useful Wiki Pages ==
* The [[RAREMETAL_Change_Log | Change Log]]
* The [[Tutorial:_RAREMETAL|RAREMETAL Quick Start Tutorial]]
* The [[RAREMETAL FAQ]]
The [http://genome.sph.umich.edu/wiki/Rvtests '''rvtests'''] tool for rare-variant association analysis can also generate output compatible with RAREMETAL.
== Key Features ==
'''RAREMETAL''' has the following features:
* '''RAREMETAL''' performs gene-based or region-based meta analysis using Burden tests with the following methods: CMC_counts, Madsen-Browning, SKAT, and Variable Threshold.
* '''RAREMETAL''' performs single variant metal-analysis by default.
* '''RAREMETAL''' allows customized groups of variants to be tested.
* '''RAREMETAL''' allows conditional analysis to be performed in both gene-level meta-analysis and single variants meta-analysis.
* '''RAREMETAL''' generate QQ plots and manhattan plots by default.
== Brief Description ==
'''RAREMETAL''' is a computationally efficient tool for meta-analysis of rare variants using sequencing or genotyping array data.
'''RAREMETAL''' takes summary statistics and LD matrices generated by [[Rare-Metal-Worker|'''RAREMETALWORKER''']] or [http://genome.sph.umich.edu/wiki/Rvtests '''rvtests'''], handles related and unrelated individuals, and supports both single variant and burden meta-analysis. '''RAREMETAL''' generates high quality plots by default and has options that allow users to build reports at different levels.
'''RAREMETAL''' is developed by Shuang Feng, Dajiang Liu and Gonçalo Abecasis. A R-package written by Dajiang Liu using the same methodology is [[RareMetals|'''available''']].
== Approach ==
== Download and Installation ==
* University of Michigan CSG users can go to the following:
=== Where to Download === We have tested compilation using our source code on several platforms including Linux, MAC OS X , and Windows.
For source code and executables together with instructions of building from source, please go to [[RAREMETAL_DOWNLOAD_%26_BUILD |'''DOWNLOAD source and executables''']].
For questions about compilation, please go to [[RAREMETAL_FAQ | '''FAQ''']].
=== How to Execute ===
* Go to raremetal_0.4.9/raremetal/bin and use the following:
* For example usage, please refer to [[http://genome.sph.umich.edu/wiki/Rare-Metal#Example_Usage example command lines]]
== Basic Usage Instructions ==
Sai Chen ( saichen at umich dot edu) for questions.